Haring -traditional Dutch food-
Hello,
Whats kinds of Dutch food have you ever eaten? Today, I would like to introduce "Haring". Last month, my friend and I who is also exchange student went to market in Maastricht. This market is held twice a week on Wednesday and Friday in Markt Square. We finished our class before lunch time this day, so we were searching something for lunch. In addition, we never been to market in Maastricht before thus, as the result, we decided to go market for searching lunch. There were so many stands in this market and we could find some traditional Dutch food there. One of the stands, there was a fish stand which sell various kinds of fishes and ofcourse, haring was sold.
Although, I knew the existence of haring by guidebook about The Netherlands, I never eat it before. In addition, my friend also wanted to eat something fish, then we decided to buy our lunch and I decided to eat haring at this stand. By the way, do you know what is "Haring"? This is one of the traditional foods in The Netherlands. Haring is a small, oily, silvery-colored fish found in the North Atlantic and North Pacific ocean. The Dutch name is "Haring". The haring fishery in The Netherlands is one of the oldest existing fisheries. The quantity of 518,000 tons is allowed catching the haring. This is distributed between all fishing countries around the North Sea. For example, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, The United Kingdom, Denmark, France, Sweden and Norway.
In this time, I could eat haring between bread like a hot dog and the cut onion where on it. The taste was so nice because both the salty haring and cut onion created good harmony to become together! Moreover, haring was pickled therefore, we may feel too salty when we eat. However, because of bread, I could eat salty haring without feeling salty. To eat haring with bread was so good idea to eat haring. In The Netherlands, the price of fishes is not cheap thus, I have few chances to eat fishes. This was good opportunities to eat fish in The Netherlands. To tell the truth, I'm from Japan so, to eat haring reminded me that Japanese sushi and raw fishes. If you have time to drop by market or have chance to go Dutch restaurant, I recommend eating haring.
Thank you for reading. See you next time!
-Sawa Hirano
Whats kinds of Dutch food have you ever eaten? Today, I would like to introduce "Haring". Last month, my friend and I who is also exchange student went to market in Maastricht. This market is held twice a week on Wednesday and Friday in Markt Square. We finished our class before lunch time this day, so we were searching something for lunch. In addition, we never been to market in Maastricht before thus, as the result, we decided to go market for searching lunch. There were so many stands in this market and we could find some traditional Dutch food there. One of the stands, there was a fish stand which sell various kinds of fishes and ofcourse, haring was sold.
Although, I knew the existence of haring by guidebook about The Netherlands, I never eat it before. In addition, my friend also wanted to eat something fish, then we decided to buy our lunch and I decided to eat haring at this stand. By the way, do you know what is "Haring"? This is one of the traditional foods in The Netherlands. Haring is a small, oily, silvery-colored fish found in the North Atlantic and North Pacific ocean. The Dutch name is "Haring". The haring fishery in The Netherlands is one of the oldest existing fisheries. The quantity of 518,000 tons is allowed catching the haring. This is distributed between all fishing countries around the North Sea. For example, The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, The United Kingdom, Denmark, France, Sweden and Norway.
In this time, I could eat haring between bread like a hot dog and the cut onion where on it. The taste was so nice because both the salty haring and cut onion created good harmony to become together! Moreover, haring was pickled therefore, we may feel too salty when we eat. However, because of bread, I could eat salty haring without feeling salty. To eat haring with bread was so good idea to eat haring. In The Netherlands, the price of fishes is not cheap thus, I have few chances to eat fishes. This was good opportunities to eat fish in The Netherlands. To tell the truth, I'm from Japan so, to eat haring reminded me that Japanese sushi and raw fishes. If you have time to drop by market or have chance to go Dutch restaurant, I recommend eating haring.
Thank you for reading. See you next time!
-Sawa Hirano

Reacties
Een reactie posten