Make Dutch traditional food Boerenkool Stamppot!
Title: Make Dutch traditional food Boerenkool Stamppot!
reference : youtube
What is Stamppot!?
It is a combination of Dutch 'stampen' meaning 'crushing' and 'pot' which means small pot. It can say 'cooked ingredients and mashed!'
History of Stamppot
The Dutch War of Independence, under the rule of Spain in the 16th century, is the origin of the '80s War!'
When the Spanish armies attacked Raynon in southern Netherlands in 1573, the Dutch continued their protests for a year, and in 1574 they broke the levees south of Raynon. The gigantic waters helped the Spanish army to siege and withdraw the Spanish army with a massive storm. And then, There was a thick vegetable stew left behind by Spain, and the insurgents who discovered it distributed the stew to the hungry inhabitants at that time. The Dutch 'husten', which means 'to blend' this food, is called 'hutspot' with a small pot 'pot' attached.
In the late 16th century, when South American potatoes were introduced to the Netherlands, the 'parsnip' vegetable of 'hutspot' was replaced with a potato that was easy to grasp and the name of the food was changed to a stamppot with the meaning of 'crushing'.
What is Stamppot!?
It is a combination of Dutch 'stampen' meaning 'crushing' and 'pot' which means small pot. It can say 'cooked ingredients and mashed!'
History of Stamppot
The Dutch War of Independence, under the rule of Spain in the 16th century, is the origin of the '80s War!'
When the Spanish armies attacked Raynon in southern Netherlands in 1573, the Dutch continued their protests for a year, and in 1574 they broke the levees south of Raynon. The gigantic waters helped the Spanish army to siege and withdraw the Spanish army with a massive storm. And then, There was a thick vegetable stew left behind by Spain, and the insurgents who discovered it distributed the stew to the hungry inhabitants at that time. The Dutch 'husten', which means 'to blend' this food, is called 'hutspot' with a small pot 'pot' attached.
In the late 16th century, when South American potatoes were introduced to the Netherlands, the 'parsnip' vegetable of 'hutspot' was replaced with a potato that was easy to grasp and the name of the food was changed to a stamppot with the meaning of 'crushing'.
parsnip
Stamppot, the main ingredient of roots, became a useful food for the Dutch during World War II because of the Nazis, and it has become a Dutch traditional food that many Dutch people enjoy during the cold winter.
reference : https://blog.naver.com/caa_korea/220957992514
There are various kinds of stamppot vegetables such as spinach, turnip leaf, and so on. I tried to make boerenkool among them! ٩( 'ω' )و
Ingredients!

Stamppot, the main ingredient of roots, became a useful food for the Dutch during World War II because of the Nazis, and it has become a Dutch traditional food that many Dutch people enjoy during the cold winter.
reference : https://blog.naver.com/caa_korea/220957992514
There are various kinds of stamppot vegetables such as spinach, turnip leaf, and so on. I tried to make boerenkool among them! ٩( 'ω' )و
Ingredients!
- Sausage
- Potatoes 300g
- Milk 20ml
- Kale 150g
Recipe!

- Potatoes 300g
- Milk 20ml
- Kale 150g
Recipe!
1. Wash potatoes thoroughly and cut them with a knife.

2. Also wash the kale clean.

3. Put the cut potatoes in a pot and add water.

4. Put all the kale washed in a pot with potatoes and add water.

4. Put all the kale washed in a pot with potatoes and add water.
5.Close the pot lid and boil for 20 minutes.

6. While potatoes and kale are boiled, soak the smoked sausage in water and cook for 3 minutes!
6. While potatoes and kale are boiled, soak the smoked sausage in water and cook for 3 minutes!
7. Warm the milk from the side.
8. After 20 minutes, the water in the pot is discarded.

Please check the status of the potatoes!

9. Put the milk which we warmed to the side in the pot.

10. Now crush the potatoes in the pot!
(I did not have a tool to crush, I just crush with a wooden spatula at home!)
(I did not have a tool to crush, I just crush with a wooden spatula at home!)
11. Please put medium pepper and salt in the crush!

Shake it! Shake it!

Plated mashed potato kale round!

12. Cut the sausage that was boiled before and cut it to fit the size.
Complete!!!
Review!
If you eat just the potato kale underneath, it will taste just like the grass and potato, but it is really delicious thanks to the sausage on the top! Sausage caught the lack of potatoes and kale!?!
When I made it all, I was happy! I feel like enjoying true Dutch life!! I recommend stamppot to make as a simple Dutch dish!
If you eat just the potato kale underneath, it will taste just like the grass and potato, but it is really delicious thanks to the sausage on the top! Sausage caught the lack of potatoes and kale!?!
When I made it all, I was happy! I feel like enjoying true Dutch life!! I recommend stamppot to make as a simple Dutch dish!
- Jinyoung Park
Reacties
Een reactie posten